Batch completion notifications - Slack integration
The Eyes Batch completion notifications feature gives you the option of automatically receiving Slack messages that inform you when batches you are running have successfully finished or failed. You can receive these notifications whether your tests are executed manually or by a build executed through a CI tool. The notifications contain a summary of the test completion status and quality, and include a link to the Test manager where you can review the test results in detail.
To enable batch notifications for a particular test run, you must enable batch notifications in your test code as described in Setting up batch completion notifications in the SDK. For a full overview, see Batch completion notifications. Note that notifications can also be sent to email subscribers. See Batch completion notifications - Email integration for more information.
- You need to be an Eyes team or account admin to configure notifications.
- Your Slack user must have permission to install apps and custom integrations in the desired Slack workspace.
Integrations page layout
- Enable or disable Slack notifications.
- Specify the Slack channels to which you want to send notifications for each application.
- Specify the applications, branches, and/or batches for which you want to receive notifications via Slack.
- Specify the batch completion status that prompts Eyes to send Batch completion notifications.
Admins integrate Slack with Eyes to support posting Eyes Batch completion notifications via Slack workspaces and channels. You access and configure the feature via the Integrations tab on the Team's page.
- Click the Admin entry in the Test Manager Page Navigator. The Admin entry only appears in the Page Navigator for users who have admin permissions.
- Click the Teams tile and then in the list of teams click the team for which you want to add Slack.
- Click the Integrations tab and then click Slack.
Enabling Slack Batch completion notifications
When connected to a Slack workspace and channel, a green dot appears to the right of the Slack section label, indicating that Batch completion notifications via Slack are active and the Enabled option is set to the On position.
- Add a Slack workspace and channel.
- Set the Enabled option to On if it was previously disabled.
Slack notification operations
You can connect Eyes to Slack by adding a workspace/channel section to the list of workspaces in the Slack section. For the first workspace/channel section you add, the operation automatically sets the Slack Enabled option to the On position.
- Access the Slack Integration section.
- Add a new Slack channel by clicking Add to Slack.
- If you have the correct permissions, you are redirected to the Slack.com authorization page from which you can choose the Slack workspace and channel to be used for publishing notifications.
- If you do not have the correct permissions or if you are not allowed to install apps, then Slack displays its standard Not Authorized to install error message.
- Click Message one of your admins to request authorization to install apps.
- For all apps or specific apps that a team works on.
- For all branches or a specific branch
- For all batches or only batches with a specific property and value
- Any time a batch finishes or in response to a specific batch termination state.
- Change the Slack notification settings as needed. See the setting descriptions in the table below.
- Click Save changes.
Settings for posting notifications via Slack
|Send notifications for
Select batch (requires a custom property that you can provide ID and value for)
Default. Choose to send notifications for all applications.
Select specific application for which to send notifications.
Default. Choose to send notifications for all branches.
Select specific branch for which to send notifications.
Default. Choose to send notifications for all batches
Select specific batch for which to send notifications
Only when a batch completes with an Unresolved status or a failure
Every time a batch completes
Default. Only sends Batch completion notifications when a batch completes with an Unresolved status or a failure
Sends Batch completion notifications whenever a batch completes
You can disable Slack connections to temporarily prevent Eyes from sending Batch completion notifications to team members. This action is applied to all of the listed applications and associated workspace/channel pairs.
- Open the Slack section on the Integrations tab.
- Click Enabled and set the option to the Off position.
- Click Save changes.
Deleting a workspace/channel pair removes it from the Slack section permanently. This can only be undone by reconnecting the workspace/channel pair. If you delete the only workspace/channel pair present in the Slack section, the section closes and appears as disabled, with a gray circle located next to Slack title in the section. To re-enable the option, you will need to recreate a connection to the Slack workspace/channel pairs.
Note: Disabling Slack notifications prevents notifications being sent temporarily. Notifications can be re-enabled without the need to recreate a connection to the Slack workspace/channel pairs.
- Open the Slack section on the Integrations tab and locate the workspace/channel pair that you want to delete.
- Click the X in the right-hand corner of the connection's title bar.
- Click Save changes.